Friday 25 March 2016

This is how I dropped 18 kilos!

Tips on my Weight Loss!

I was worried due to the hypertension that the doctor said I have. I was a bit depressed as well because all these while I have been exercising and I thought I would be healthy enough. Then this kind of thing happened. Sighhhh

I started off by doing research on how to lose weight. Some internet searched here and there. Some advise from friends. I remembered 1 friend of mine named Jaszril advised me to go for jogging with a sweater on so I would burn off fats and lose some extra water in my body. Yes, Jaszril I remembered till today. Not only that, I also watched a tv programme, "Biggest Loser". 

That programme inspired me a lot on how to cut off my weight in various areas. Fat people in that show lose a lot of KGs just to stay in the game. I was thinking if they can, why cant I. I then started setting myself a schedule to run everyday.

For this who missed out, here is the link of me at my fat moments : http://jerrylimdy.blogspot.my/2016/03/weight-loss-journey.html?m=1

Most important thing:

Diet. It does not mean to starve yourself. Eat healthy and regular. For me, I ate lesser rice and any form of carbohydrate. Key word: LESSER. Google for food which can burn more calories than it provides. I cut a lot of sugar intake. And practically my meal was halved in terms of portions wise.

Next: My Method

Exercising. You need have have higher output than input to have results. Make sure to exercise more than before. I gave myself a super extreme timetable. I will share with you guys but if you want to follow, do it with precautions. My body could handle the transition so it went well. 

Every morning I ran about 6 km, then I will have my breakfast. It is quite refreshing to do so as well.
Then I will continue another 6 km at around 4pm. This makes 12 km a day. Luckily, things dont stop here. After the evening 6 km, I will change to my basketball attire and go out for a ball session. Till around 8. Lastly, I end the day with a small physical exercise. For example, push ups, sit ups, and those complicated ones which I do not know their names. 

Do this everyday with discipline I can guarantee, you will get result. If you do not like basketball, switching up with another sport or jump straight in to physical activity will do. 

Last: Influence

We get influenced easily. Peer pressure, parents or even from teacher. So get help when youre doing this. How did I get help? I participated in running events to make sure i complete the course. With the crowd running with you, you will feel more confident into doing it. It feels like a wave pushing you forward.

Here are a few running events I joined:

Nike Run 2012

Larian Kitar Semula with Le Familia

UTAR Trekathon 

My first 21 km: PJ Half Marathon

Back when I was Ambassador of Ione2run.com

Then, there is me doing some physical exercise:


I also switched ball sessions to swimming as well.


And that's about it. Any questions you can, contact me! I will help you as much as I can.

Keep Fit!!! You can do it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done... now i need to start my program too. To reduce 4kg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done... now i need to start my program too. To reduce 4kg!!

    ReplyDelete